Friday 16 July 2010

Skatebaard



I mentioned Skatebaard below, for his fantastic remix of Annie, but having checked out his recent vidz, I reckon he deserves a post of his own! Another Norwegian disco wonder, we used to be label mates a few years ago on Radius Records, and I am glad to see he is still going strong despite the label folding.



I picked up Baard's first ever release when I was in Norway in 2002 (Skateboarding was a crime in 1989) and since then his sound has progressed from electro-pop (esque) to being much more disco. Check out the clip of his live show below, and tell me that it's not awesome! ;-) Man, if we had more money we'd book him in a heartbeat. In the meantime though you can check out the myspace of Digitalo, Skatebaard's record label, for more disco thrills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.